page contains information on the how to obtain the PC-Based Simplified Sewerage
Now Avaiable in Spanish & Portuguese & French (as well as English!)
This site has got a bit old and neglected ... and operating systems have moved on. Despite this, the original program and its updates still function on the newest of Windows (inc. Windows 7 and Vista).
The installation programs are problematic and you may get complaints from Windows that they are not compatible.
To overcome this I am now distributing the program as a zip file with the sewerage_*.exe (in all langiages) together withe the example networds and the pdf documentation.
The current distribution is avaiable here:
Simply download this and unpack it into a folder. Each .exe is specific to a language:
All files are available via FTP at this site:
For the most up-to-date installation download these two files:
(clicking on the links below should start the download)
This is the original installation as on the CD - this is not needed if you have the CD.
English: sewerage110_eng.exe (0.9Mb) [Last updated 25 October 2001]
Spanish: sewerage110_es.exe (0.9Mb) [Last updated 25 October 2001]
Portuguese: sewerage110_port.exe (0.9Mb) [Last updated 6 December 2001]
Are the most current update files that fixes some bugs and add features, see below.
To check that this is installed, when running the program on the menu bar choose the Help/About, the version number should say 1.10.
- Run "SimplifiedSewerageV1.0.exe" and unpack the files to a temporary folder and then run "setup.exe"
- Run "sewerage110_eng.exe" or "sewerage110_es.exe" and unpack the file "sewerage.exe" to the installation folder chosen above, overwriting the existing file (e.g. choose folder c:\Program Files\Simplified Sewerage )
Bug Fixes and Changes
With version 1.10 came the introduction of a Spanish and Portuguese(Brazilian) versions (but unfortunately not the help file or manual). Other languages are planned (just French at the moment.) There are probably many corrections required to the Spanish and Portuguese language - if anyone feels they could help with this please contact me via email - P.A.Sleigh@leeds.ac.uk. The update files are:
- sewerage110_eng.exe English version
- sewerage110_es.exe Spanish version
- sewerage110_port.exe Portuguese version
With sewerage1.01.exe the following fixes and changes were implemented:
- Fixed a bug which displayed the wrong infiltration in the results table (calculations were performed correctly in the original)
- Changed some display of the units for infiltration on the calculator screen
- IMPORTANT: The input of infiltration is now in terms of "litres / metre / day" (instead of, as originally, litres/day.)
With sewerage1.02.exe the following fixes and changes were implemented:
- Fixed a bug where large networks appeared to lose sewers.
Actually there would only be a problem if sewers were named "S1" "S2" "S3" "S4" ... etc, but now you may call sewers whatever you like.
(If you have seen this a fix you can perform to avoid having to download this upgrade, is to edit the .snt file in a text editor changing all the sewer names, e.g. S1 to SEW1 etc.
With sewerage1.03.exe the following fixes and changes were implemented:
- Fixed a bug where in the Visual Editor or the Data Entry/Edit forms the population data was not updated correctly when clicking on a sewer that has a drop junction if the previous sewer didn't have a drop junction.